I have this secret. When I am out and about, especially in a green space, and I see two or more people that look friendly and interesting I offer to take their photo with their camera. I have been doing this for a few years now. This past Saturday 12 May 2012 was the first time I asked if I could take their photo with my camera as well. They were visibly cautious, as you can see on some of their faces, but they did consent to letting me take their photo. In return I agreed to email the photo to them and let them know where my website was.
This is what I learned during my short conversation with the spokesperson of the group. He is the tallest gentleman (3rd from the right) with the white shoes and the biggest smile!
He lives in and attends University in Vancouver, BC. His family is visiting him from Beijing, China this summer and they are travelling across Canada together! They planned to drive to Saskatoon, SK on 13 May 2012. I told them Saskatoon is beautiful and wished them well on their journey. 🙂
Now to WHY I like offering to take people’s photos for them:
- The people are always friendly and happy!
- I always get to learn something new!
- The people always have a happy story to share with me.
- Group photos need the entire group IN the photo!
- I like making a positive effect on visitors so they have fond memories of Regina. I enjoy a lot about Regina and like others to appreciate her beauty as well.
- It only takes a minute or less and it leaves people with smiles on their faces!
- I heart smiles!
- I heart happy stories!
- I selfishly really enjoy the happy feeling I get when I get to do this simple thing for people! I like walking up to people, asking if they would like me to take their photo from them, then wishing them well and carrying on my way after I make sure the photo I took is okay for them.
- I love, love, LOVE putting good things into the world! 🙂
The cool thing I learned this time was how to pronounce Thank you in Mandarin! 🙂